Free Online Roulette (American Variation)
wagering x30; max cashout $3000; minimal deposit $50; required promocode CAS150; 14-day expiry
Play for money in best casinos 2023!
Monthly prizesBonus 250% up to $1.000
Fastest PayoutsBonus 150% up to $3.000
Safe & SecureBonus 75% up to $750
Referral ProgramBonus 200% up to $2.000
Table of contents
Roulette77 is a website dedicated to providing you with all the details you need to know about American Roulette and its variations, how the game differs from other popular variants. The website features a dedicated demo version you can play for free and without registration so you may practice the game and learn about the set-up, any key differences to other versions and try titles by several casino vendors. The website includes a demo version designed by Roulette77.
All games you will find here and at one of the casinos we recommend will be available for both mobile and desktop play. If you prefer to skip the demo versions you will find here and rather jump straight and play for real money please refer to the list of online casino websites that host excellent American Roulette variations. No download is necessary to participate in any of the games and you can play from your mobile device!
Wheel and Table
The American Roulette wheel layout is actually not unlike the one you have seen for the European game. Essentially, you have 38 color-coded sectors on the wheel, while the actual table layout follows pretty much the same pattern as its European counterpart. The big difference here is the American Roulette wheel numbers.
You see, there are two zeros here, the 0 and 00, which make the American Roulette wheel numbers slightly different than their European and even French counterparts. This means that the total numbers here aren’t 37, but 38, because of that second zero. The addition of a zero comes with some interesting changes to the gameplay.
While the game will play in very much the same way, you may experience a new five-number bet and a surrender rule.
How To Play American Roulette At Roulette77
- Choose The Game And Supplier You Prefer. You will notice that there are several tabs to choose from above the game. Switching between these tabs you will be able to switch between the different types of games, including Roulette77’s own version.
- Pick From Play For Real And Play For Free. Players will be able to further choose the mode of gameplay. You can test the games for free or, if you prefer, we will redirect you to the website that is best suited for your gaming needs and offers real money roulette.
- Place Your Bets Based On Your Preference. If you are not sure about any specific type of bet, payout, or what the probabilities are, we recommend consulting with the table above, which will provide you with detailed information about this.
- Wait For The Dealer To Spin The Ball And Announce The Winning Numbers
- The Game Will Automatically Process All Stakes Based On The Outcome
Bets, Odds, and Payouts
To understand the American roulette payouts, the best way to do this is to reference an American roulette payout chart. This way, you will always know what you are looking at and what the expected return from individual bets actually is. Players who are eager to make a difference in their gameplay can do so by simply checking a chart.
As to the actual American roulette odds, admittedly, you will have a slightly bigger American Roulette house edge to deal with. This version comes with 5.36% compared to a standard 2.70% for the European version. However, thanks to the Surrender rule that applies to the 0 and 00 in some versions, you can mitigate this housed edge further.
The types of wagers you will find available here include Outside and Inside Bets. The rest are pretty standards, with Streets, Squares, Lines, and a special Five Number Bet that is available for this game. The Outside Bets are Odd/Even, Black/Red, High/Low, dozens and columns, and so on.
The house edge in American roulette is pretty much as we said before – 5.36%. This is mainly due to the presence of two zeros on the playing field. But this house edge can be mitigated by simply looking up a version allowing you to use the so-called Surrender rule. For this rule, you get half of your stake back if you hit a zero but haven’t wagered anything on zero.
More american roulette games
When looking at how to play American Roulette, you are no doubt looking up some popular American Roulette strategies. To leverage a strategy, all you need to do is stick to those time-tested solutions that have a real chance of improving your game for the better. What this means is that you can pick Fibonacci, Martingale, Labouchere, D’Alembert, or another tested strategy that will work nicely.
It's important to still keep in mind that strategies are not a magic formula to success. In other words, you cannot expect to be successful overnight by opting for a strategy. All strategies entail certain risks, but they are great fun.
Helpful Tips When Playing American Roulette
To master the game of American Roulette, you may stick to several tested and proven practices that could allow you to win more as long as you understand the game’s dynamic and how certain strategies work.
- Pick a strategy. The most successful American Roulette players always play based on progressive systems, including but not limited to Martingale, Paroli, Fibonacci, Labouchere, or D’Alembert. Often, players modify these strategies themselves to try and explore a new angle.
- Stick to a budget. Most recreational players do not have a plan when they start playing roulette. However, by setting a budget and sticking to it, you may limit potential losses while maximizing gains in the short and mid-terms.
- Try free roulette. The free game allows you to test everything there is to know about roulette, to begin with. You can see if one progressive strategy is better than others and if the game lives up to your expectations without risking money.
- Play safe. While inside bets have a higher potential payout, you want to make sure that your bets turn out a success. Therefore, playing safe and sticking to outside bets is a key to success when playing with a smaller budget.
- Take more risks if you win more. Once you start winning a little more, you can afford to spend more money on inside bets. You can potentially make the five-number bet that is specific to American Roulette exclusively.
- Look for roulette bonuses. Some of casinos will feature great welcome bonuses or loyalty programs. Participating in such promos can improve your experience as well.
- Know when to stop. It never hurts setting a small time limit for yourself. The key to winning at American Roulette is to make sure you have more successful sessions and stop when luck doesn’t seem to be on your side.
Live American Roulette
Live American Roulette is a version of the analogous game, and you play in the company of a live dealer. You use an overlay user interface that allows you to place your bets quickly and can chat with the dealer via a live chat. It is worth noting that live roulette is gradually replacing the usual RNG roulette, as it allows players to feel the atmosphere of a real bricks-and-mortar casino without leaving home; therefore, if you want to try something new and plunge into the immersive atmosphere, join up!
Recommended American Roulette Casinos
Wild CasinoAccepts US playersBonus up to $5000 on first 5 deposits T&C Apply
minimal deposit $20; not valid for live casino; wagering x25Games 15payout 98%
Ignition CasinoAccepts US playersBonus up to $2000 on deposits with credit cards T&C Apply
new players only; 200% match; wagering x25; valid for credit card deposits; minimum deposit $20Games 20payout 98.5%
BetUsAccepts US playersBonus up to $3000 150% welcome offer T&C Apply
wagering x30; max cashout $3000; minimal deposit $50; required promocode CAS150; 14-day expiryGames 10payout 97.5%
BetOnlineAccepts US playersBonus up to $3000 on first deposit T&C Apply
minimum deposit $25; wagering x30; available only on Betsoft gamesGames 5payout 96.97%
SlotoCashAccepts US playersBonus up to $500 100% match on first deposit T&C Apply
promocode - TABLE1MATCH; wagering x25Games 8payout 97.8%
BoVegasAccepts US playersBonus up to $5500 welcome package T&C Apply
wagering for roulette x60; even money bets are not countedGames 13payout 98%
American roulette is great fun. The difference between American and European roulette is pretty obvious, but both games make for a great experience. If pressed, we love the fact that the American version gives us the opportunity to place a few bets that we simply cannot find in another version of this casino classic. The good news is that there are many casinos where you can find American Roulette in all of its variations and enjoy it yourself firsthand! Check it out!
American roulette is just as popular as European roulette and the reason is not the house edge. The second zero you will find in American roulette allows you to place a unique five-number bet that many players enjoy. Some players even say that they just enjoy the added challenge of playing American roulette.
Yes, all the games you will find on our website have been adjusted for mobile play. You will be happy to find that your favorite version of the game will work on any Android, iOS, and Windows devices, making for a smooth experience. You can play at any time and any place, so long you have a reliable Internet connection.
In theory, European roulette always offers a better return to the player. The RTP in European roulette is 97.30%. On the other side, American roulette has 94.74% RTP which some players may find too steep. You are free to pick whichever version you want based on this condition.
We will provide you with many options to try the demo versions of the game but, for the real money versions, head over to the list of our recommended casinos. We will provide you with the top casino sites where you will find fair and worthwhile versions of the popular game yourself.
If your favourite roulette game isn't currently loading, there's nothing to worry about. Just get in touch with the team on the website and we will solve this problem for you immediately. You will be playing in no time!
No, some versions of the game come with the Surrender rule; others do not.
There are 38 slots. This is because of the 00 in the game.