arrow-up
Roulette77

Free

online

Support UkraineSupport Ukraine

Testing $150 Roulette System

While this strategy is known by a few other names, it is most commonly called the $150 strategy. As the name hints to, this system is better geared toward players with bigger bankrolls. Of course, you could experiment with scaled down versions if you want to.

How the $150 System Works

The simplicity of the $150 system gives it a lot of charm. It basically calls for the following combination of bets:

  • Wager $50 each on two of the three Dozens.
  • Cover 10 of the remaining open Dozens spaces straight-up for $5 each.

This leaves us with just three uncovered numbers giving us a 91.89% chance of winning.

$150 System

So, here are the three possible outcomes:

  • We win one of the Dozens bets. This will result in no net gain and no net loss. We’d break even on the round.
  • We win one of the straight-up bets. This would give us a $30 profit on the round.
  • We lose. This means our bankroll takes a $150 hit.

To sum it up, we stand to either break even, win $30, or lose $150. As it turns out, we have a 27.03% chance of making a profit. This means it would take 5 winning rounds to make up for a loss.

If you have read any of our other roulette strategy reviews recently, then the $150 system might look familiar. If it does, then you are probably thinking about the 24+8 strategy. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the 24+8 strategy and compare it to this one. You would not be mistaken if you conclude that these two systems are one and the same. If we consider 24+8 as a general case of this betting pattern, then the $150 system is its special case in which the base betting unit is simply increased 5 times. That's the whole secret of this strategy.

Let’s illustrate the $150 roulette strategy by playing five fictitious rounds.

  • Spin 1

    We win one of our Dozens which is essentially a push.

  • Spin 2

    We hit one of our straight-up bets giving us a $30 profit.

  • Spin 3

    We hit another one of our straight-up bets for another $30 gain. We are now up $60 on the session.

  • Spin 4

    Oops! We missed all of our bets costing us $150. We are now down $90 in total.

  • Spin 5

    We nail one of the Dozens bets and rake in $30. We end the 5-turn session with a $60 loss.

Putting the $150 Strategy to the Test

As always, we will use the Google sheets, the appropriate mathematical formulas, and a random number generator to test the effectiveness and dynamics of the $150 system. We have already tested the 24+8 system. Seeing how it’s the same basic strategy, we will simply change the formulas to suit the $150 system’s betting parameters. We will also keep the wager amounts steady as opposed to upping or lowering the stake following a win or loss.

Let’s take 5 players and give them each $1,000 to use the $150 system for 500 turns. Here’s what we get:

$150 Strategy to the Test

In general, the test showed quite successful results. We see that all players at certain intervals went into profit. The peak for the first player is $1120 on the 25th move, for the second player is $1210 on the 36th move, for the third player is $1480 on the 128th move, and for the fourth player is $1330 on the 119th move.

It is clear that the larger the base bet, the greater the dynamics of the bankroll. As we remember, in the 24+8 test with the minimum base rate, the amplitude of the charts was much smaller.

Of course, the risk increases with a 5-fold increase in the bet, but as we understand it, this is not such a total risk. And if you have an adequate bankroll, then we would advise you to take a risk.

Pitfalls of Using the $150 System

One of the first things our simulation of the $150 strategy tells us is that it doesn’t work in long-term situations. We learned the same thing when we simulated the 24+8 method. While most players in the $150 system simulation spent a bit of time in the black, their bankrolls all eventually zeroed out. And it happened quite quickly. It’s also obvious that this system isn’t a good approach for smaller bankrolls. On the other hand, if you set short-term realistic goals and don't get carried away with this method for too long, then bankruptcy can be avoided.

Conclusion

The $150 system is nearly identical to the 24+8 strategy. The difference is really just the base stake size. Increasing the stakes will inevitably result in a more dynamic bankroll balance.

The chances of making a profit from one round of the $150 system stand at 27.03% while the chances of losing are 8.11% That leaves us with a 64.86% chance of a push. Just remember that it takes 5 wins to compensate for each loss.

As it was with the 24+8 and most other strategies, the $150 system only stands a chance of success when implemented in short spurts. So, is the $150 strategy for you? Well, the answer should be obvious. You are better off using the $150 strategy for a few rounds if your budget allows it. If you don’t have $150 to wager every spin, then the 24+8 is the better option for you.

Any questions? Ask our Roulette Wizard!
Ask question