arrow-up
Roulette77

Free

online

Support UkraineSupport Ukraine

Testing 64% Roulette System

The essence of the 64% system is exactly what the name implies. In short, it gives you a 64% chance of winning. This system might be popular amongst experienced players, but beginners probably won’t be familiar with it. This is why we will now explain the 64% system and see how it does when used in a long-term scenario.

How the 64% System Works

By its very nature, strategy is a math progression. The 64% system is an easy one to learn, although it involves placing multiple wagers. Those wagers should be placed as follows:

  • Bet 1 unit each on any two Dozens
  • With each successive loss, we increase the bet on the next progressive row: 1-1, 3-3, 9-9, 27-27, etc., where pairwise numbers are bets on two dozen. That is, the formula is based on the powers of the number 3.
  • We go back to a 1-unit bet size following a win.

By betting on two separate Dozens, we cover 24 of the 37 numbers on a European roulette table. As such, we have a 64.8% chance of winning and a 35.2% chance of losing. Let’s see how the 64% system works in action.

64% System Works
  • Spins 1

    We stake $1 each on two Dozens and lose.

  • Spins 2

    According to progressive, we stake $3 each on two Dozens. We lose again.

  • Spins 3

    For this round, we up our stake to $9 on two of the Dozens. Unfortunately, we lose again.

  • Spins 4

    Sticking with the algorithm, we wager $27 each on two dozens. We win this time.

  • Spins 5

    Following the rules of the system, we follow up the win by staking the base $1 amount on two of the Dozens. You can decide what the outcome is.

Putting the 64% System to the Test

It will be quite simple to organize a test of this strategy: we will use the formulas in Google Sheets. Let's make a simulation for 1000 spins. Let's set the probability of a winning outcome at 64.8% and a loss of 35.2%. According to the algorithm, the progression should look like 1-1, 3-3, 9-9, 27-27, etc., which means that the total bets for 2 dozen will look like 2 - 6 - 18 - 54, etc. With each consecutive loss, the bet will increase according to this progression, and if we win, we will return to the bet 1-1 and start the series again.

For a variation of the experiment, let there be three players with $1000 bankrolls. Thus, we got the charts of the bankroll dynamics for 1000 spins. We will also follow the dynamics of the rate in parallel and display it in the resulting charts.

So the result for the first player is:

64% System to the Test 3

This graph shows the huge peaks in both bankroll and bet size. These peaks mean that the player’s progress ground to a halt. In fact, it was all over for him on the 478th move after a string of losses and increased bet sizes conspired against him. He did not have enough money in his bankroll to continue.

Let’s move on to Player 2.

64% System to the Test 2

Well, Player 2 didn’t do too well either, despite how the graph looks. His bankroll flamed out on the 315th round. How about Player 3?

64% System to the Test

This player was lucky and could finish the progression with a bankroll of $1657. The situation is completely analogous to the classic Martingale progression with its big risks and sharp dips. Now let's compare these theoretical failures with the 64% strategy.

Pitfalls of Using the 64% Strategy

And so, we remember that the main pitfall in the Martingale system is a series of consecutive losses and, as a result, the inability to bet a large amount due to a lack of bankroll or betting limits.

We came to the conclusion that having a bankroll of $1,000 dollars, you can quickly lose money after losing ten rounds in a row. And the probability of such an outcome should be 0.1275% for European roulette.

For the 64% strategy for a similar situation, a series of bets before a deadlock will look like 2-6-18-54-162-486, and that's six rounds. The probability of 6 consecutive losses will be equal to 0.35^6 = 0.18%. It turns out that this system is riskier than Martingale.

Conclusion

The 64% system is easy to understand. You start by placing a base betting unit on two of the three Dozens bets. You then adjust your bet size according to the algorithm, depending on whether you win or lose. If you understand the Martingale system, then you should be able to grasp this one.

While our simulation showed that the 64% system has the same main flaws as Martingale, it also showed that it is possible to use it successfully over a long session. It was close, but Player 3 managed to dodge a bullet and turn a profit. As with any system, luck is certainly a factor.

One key advantage that the 64% system has over Martingale is that the progression grows quicker and steadier. At the same time, it is still vulnerable to crushing dips that result from upping the stakes so dramatically during cold streaks.

In the end, we can only recommend this system to high rollers simply due to the nature of the betting progression. Even then, you don’t want to push your luck for too long. As with most other strategies, we urge you to experiment with it and maybe even integrate other systems or betting progressions into it.

Any questions? Ask our Roulette Wizard!
Ask question