arrow-up
Roulette77

Free

online

Support UkraineSupport Ukraine

Six Line Bet in Roulette

Odds for 0 version 16.2%
Odds for 00 version 15.8%
Payout 1:5
Expected value ($1) -0.6

A six-line bet is a wager that covers six numbers. In a previous tutorial, we explained a street bet is a wager that covers a line of three numbers, such as 1, 2, and 3, or 25, 26, and 27. A six-line bet is similar except that it covers two adjoining streets. This is why six-line bets are often referred to as double street. For example, you can wager on 13, 14, and 15 along with 16, 17, and 18. To make a six-line bet, the player places a chip at the intersection of two streets, as depicted in the illustration further below.

With six numbers in play, the probability of winning a six-line wager stands at 16.2%. A winning double straight pays out at a rate of 5:1. Like any other roulette bet, the six-line bet can be used in conjunction with other inside and outside bets. It can also be used with a variety of strategies and betting systems.

Six Line Bet in Roulette

Putting the Six-Line Bet to the Test

As we do with any roulette bet, we have tested the effectiveness and dynamics of six-line bets. We used the winning and losing probabilities in Google Sheets and a random number generator to do this. As a basis for the mathematical model of our simulation, we will take two outcomes of each round - a win with a probability of 16.2% and a loss with a probability of 83.8%, and depending on the outcomes, we will recalculate the bankroll. Our model used four random players who each started out with a $1,000 bankroll. Players 1, 2, 3, and 4 will use $1, $2, $5, and $10 base bet amounts respectively. So, let’s take a look at the graph below to see how things worked out when our players exclusively placed six-line wagers for the entire session.

Six Line Bet in Roulette test

We can certainly see a common trend here. The higher the base wager amount, the more money was lost. Surprisingly, Player 1, who wagered $1 per round, actually ended up with a small profit. Players 2 and 3 both lost roughly $250, while the big bettor suffered a loss of about $700. While this simulation shows that it’s possible to grind out a long-term profit using only six-line bets, six-line bets appear to be more effective as a short-term solution. This is a common theme of most other roulette bets.

Tips and Strategies for Six-Line Bets

As mentioned, the six-line bet can be used in a variety of ways. Let’s take a look at some instances of this.

Double Street Quad Strategy

Do you remember the five quad strategy that we discussed in our corner betting tutorial? Well, the double street quad strategy is similar. The gist is the following:

  • We start by placing two six-line bets for two units each.
  • We then wager 1 unit on a straight-up bet and 1 more unit on a corner bet.
  • Make sure that none of the wagers overlaps. Also, we stick with the same six-line bets and corner bets for each round. The only thing we change from spin to spin is the straight-up bet.

As you can see, this strategy is easy to understand and implement. The double street quad strategy covers 17 of the 37 cells, which equates to a 45.9% chance of winning in European roulette and a 44.7% chance of winning in American roulette. Winning one of the six-line bets gives us a 6-unit gain for the round, while hitting a corner bet puts us up by 3 units. The best outcome would be nailing the straight-up bet for a 30-unit gain. Missing all bets would result in a 6-unit loss.

Double Street Quad Strategy

Triple Six-Line Strategy

We came across an interesting discussion on RouletteForum.

  • The main gist of this approach is that we place a base unit wager on three six-line bets. Let's say, for example, 5$.
  • Each time we bet on different six-line bets, if 0 or 00 falls out, then the next bet is the last combination of six-line.
  • In case of loss, we add $1 to each six-line. If we win, we subtract $1 from each while not falling below $5.
Triple Six-Line Strategy

With three six-line bets in play, we have given ourselves a 48.65% chance of winning. Each winning round puts us up by 3 units, while each loss sets us back by 3 units. Generally speaking, these odds are reminiscent of outside bets. Of course, if you want to experience a more dynamic game, you simply increase the base stakes amount. We urge you to experiment using a demo mode roulette game.

Doubling Six-Line Strategy

While this is another easy-to-comprehend roulette strategy, we must warn you that the doubling six-line approach is better suited to high rollers. The main reason for this is that the system incorporates the Martingale system. Using this strategy is simple; let's see!

  • We wager one base unit on a six-line bet. If we lose, we simply double our bet for the next round.
  • If we win, we switch back to our original base unit.

Like most other roulette strategies, the doubling six-line strategy is most effective in short, well-timed bursts. The biggest drawback is that an 83.8% chance of losing along with using the Martingale system brings the possibility of rapidly mounting losses. If you want to give this method a shot, you should have an appropriate bankroll.

Conclusion

In terms of inside roulette bets, six-line bets give you some of the best odds of winning. You can stake six-line bets exclusively or use them as part of a more elaborate plan of attack as we described above. Again, we urge roulette players to experiment with six-line bets. Your creation could be the next roulette system to be featured here.

Any questions? Ask our Roulette Wizard!
Ask question